Saturday, May 14, 2011

Luella Jean Woffinden


As you all know I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Jan 13th, 2011 at 9:35pm. It was such an amazing day that I will never forget! I went to the doctor the day before I gave birth being a day over due. The Doctor examined me said that I was measuring big and that my cervix was favorable. So he said they could induce me the next day. I was super excited because I was so large and uncomfortable which I'm sure most women who have gone over due know this feeling! The next day we got to the hospital at 9 am, and of course I forgot my insurance card! duh! we were in such a rush I spaced one of the most important things. So Brett went back and got it for me while I got set up in a room. I then proceeded to get my IV's started to get the potocin going. Well.. They couldn't get and IV in me.. It took two nurses trying and 6 pokes, then after failing so many times they finally called the anesthesiologist, who came in with an IV finder. So I got poked 7 times which added another hour and a half to my stay. So FINALLY they got the potocin started. After a couple hours of being on the Potocin the doctor came in and broke my water. Let me tell you, it is the weirdest feeling ever! (don't worry I won't go in to detail) haha and It didn't even hurt at all, Which prior to this people mad me nervous telling me it was painful but it ended up not hurting a bit. About half an hour after getting my water broken I got my epidural. It wasn't to bad. So then it was just a waiting game. After several hours It was finally time to push! I was so excited and pumped, but when I started I realized it wasn't going to be as easy as I thought it would. Boy it was tiring! I pushed for about 45 mins and then out Came beautiful Luella Jean Woffinden! What a magical moment it was! It was the best feeling ever seeing your child you have been carrying and feeling in your tummy for the past nine months. She was perfect. The most beautiful baby in the world. :)

No comments: